EDGE TO EDGE QUILTING (E2E)
- An E2E design is quilted continuously across the entire quilt. The design crosses the piecing and unifies the quilt with one color thread and one repeated pattern, creating a beautiful, budget-friendly quilt.
- Cost typically ranges from $.02 to $.04 per square inch, however more expensive designs are available if desired. The price is based upon the complexity of the design and whether the quilting is tighter or more open. Whether computerized or free motion, all quilting designs are available in any size you want. The least expensive E2E quilting is $.02 per square inch.
- Can be free motion, computerized or a combination of both. It includes all special quilting treatments -- anything other than 100% E2E quilting.
- Cost for custom quilting is $40 an hour. Time is tracked carefully and accurately. Custom quilting can be done within the customer’s budget. Not all custom quilting is expensive and can actually cost less than complicated E2E designs.
TO CALCULATE AN ESTIMATE
- For edge to edge quilting, multiply the length of the quilt top times the width. Then multiply that number by the price per square inch. Example: 90 x 75 = 6750. Then 6750 x .02 = $135 at 2¢ per square inch for E2E.
For a more detailed estimate, please call or email me and I’ll be happy to assist you or we can make an appointment and discuss quilting options for your quilt.
- Binding supplied by quilter, and machine sewn to one side = 10¢ per linear inch.
- Binding created by Silver Forest Quilts from your fabric and machine sewn to one side = 17¢ per linear inch.
- Binding created by Silver Forest Quilts from your fabric, machine sewn to quilt front and finished on the back by hand = 30¢ per linear inch.
- Binding created by Silver Forest Quilts, machine sewn to one side of scalloped or wavy edges = 35¢ per linear inch.
Binding created by Silver Forest Quilts, machine sewn to one side of scalloped or wavy edges and hand sewn to back = 45¢ per linear inch.
SEAMING: $10.00 per seam to add muslin strips to backing fabric if it is not 8” wider or 8” longer than the quilt top.
SHIPPING: Actual shipping charges, plus insurance and/or tracking. UPS Ground or USPS Priority unless otherwise requested.
PAYMENT: Paypal, Cash and personal checks accepted. Quilts that are shipped require a 50% deposit and the balance must be paid and cleared before quilt is shipped home.
RUSH SERVICE: A rush service charge of $50.00 will be applied at customer’s request for completing a quilt in less than 10 days.
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE at the rate of $40 an hour, billed for exact time. (Ex $10 for 15 minutes): IRONING, PIECING BACKING FABRIC, REPAIRS (OPEN SEAMS, WAVY BORDERS.
Not included in the quilting prices are: batting backing, binding, pressing, seaming, etc. Silver Forest Quilts is not responsible for folds or pleats in fabric due to fullness of piecing. If your quilt has a problem with extra fullness, I will call to discuss it with you first.
There is a $75.00 minimum charge for quilting. Thread, batting, binding and other services are additional.
BATTING: I have Legacy Batting by Pellon available for purchase (100% Cotton, 80/20 Cotton/Poly and 100% polyester). Or you are welcome to provide your own batting from another source.